Darnell Konteh, 25, of Camden, and Anthony Pinson, 25, of Franklin Park, NJ, have been charged in connection with a shooting that left a Lawnside man dead and a Camden man injured on November 28, 2017.

A witness, who was in the area of Rose Street at the time of the homicide, told detectives that they saw Konteh shoot and kill Stanford Brown. Additionally, the witness also stated that they saw Pinson shoot at the 28-year-old victim. After the shooting both men got into a dark colored vehicle and fled the scene.

On the November 29, 2017 at approximately 10:06 p.m., officers from the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, New Brunswick Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a motor vehicle stop on a vehicle in the area of Lee Avenue and May Street in New Brunswick, New Jersey. When the officers approached the vehicle they located Darnell Konteh and Anthony Pinson, along with another man inside. Officers observed Darnell Konteh with a firearm sticking out of his pants.

All three men were removed from the vehicle and taken into custody without incident.

Darnell Konteh was charged with first degree Murder on November 30, 2017, and Anthony Pinson was charged with first degree Attempted Murder on December 4, 2017, according to Camden County Prosecutor Mary Eva Colalillo and Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson.

Konteh was turned over to the Camden County Police that same day and remanded to Camden County Jail. During his pretrial detention hearing this morning, under recent Criminal Justice Reform rules, the Honorable Judge Edward J. McBride ordered that Konteh be detained in the Camden County Correctional Facility pending trial.

Pinson was remanded to Middlesex County Jail pending a pretrial detention hearing. Under recent Criminal Justice Reform rules, the court may order he be detained or released with conditions.

All persons charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Released Tuesday, December 5, 2017.