Camden County Prosecutor Warren W. Faulk reported a plea of a Chesilhurst man charged with a sexual assault on an unconscious woman in Lindenwold.

Patrick English, M/28, pleaded guilty Wednesday to Aggravated Assault and Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact in connection with a September 4, 2010, sexual assault of a Lindenwold woman. English entered the victim’s home on Holland Avenue some time in the early morning hours while the victim was asleep on her couch. When she awoke she was partially undressed and saw evidence she had been sexually assaulted. English also attacked a male in the same home while attempting to convince the victim that this male, not English, was the assailant. English had access to the victim’s home since he was acquainted with her roommate.

According to the terms of English’s plea, he is to receive a sentence of 10 years incarceration, 85 percent of which he must serve before he is eligible for parole. Upon his release, he will be subject to the conditions of Megan’s Law and Parole Supervision for Life.

In 2012, English has already been sentenced to 12 years, 85 percent to be served before parole eligibility after pleading guilty to Aggravated Assault and Armed robbery of another Lindenwold woman who was pregnant at the time. In that incident English entered a unit in the Arborwood Apartments in Lindenwold on September 15, 2010, and assaulted the pregnant woman living there. He grabbed her by the hair and dragged her toward the bedroom. When she resisted, English hit her repeatedly in the face and body and stabbed her in the torso before fleeing. The victim recovered from the stabbing and has since given birth to a healthy baby.

DNA evidence collected in both cases was instrumental in linking English to both attacks. Both cases were handled by the Major Crimes Unit of the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office.

The two terms of incarceration are expected to be served consecutively, meaning he would remain in prison for a minimum of 18 years, four months and six days. English is expected to be sentenced for the September 4 attack on April 5, 2013.