Rashawn Parker Jr. was taken into custody today in Pennsylvania by members of the U.S. Marshals N.Y./N.J. Regional Fugitive Task Force – Camden Division and U.S. Marshals Eastern P.A. Violent Crime Fugitive Task Force.
Thank you to everyone who shared the information and sent in tips.
ORIGINAL POST (8/31):
Camden, N.J. – Detectives are searching for a Pennsylvania man who has been charged in the stabbing of another man outside a West Berlin water park on Aug. 18, according to Acting Camden County Prosecutor Jill Mayer and Berlin Township Police Chief Wayne Bonfiglio.
Rashawn Parker Jr., 30, of Chester, P.A., has been charged with the following in the incident:
- One count of 2nd -degree Attempted Kidnapping
- One count of 3rd degree Aggravated Assault
- One count of 3rd -degree Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose
- One count of 2nd -degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- One count of 3rd -degree Interference with Custody
- One count of 4th -degree Unlawful Possession of a Weapon
- One count of 4th degree Violation of a Restraining Order
- One count of DP Simple Assault
Police were called to the water park on the 500 block of Rt. 73 North in West Berlin around 12:30 for a report of a stabbing. When they arrived, they found a male victim with a stab wound to the upper body.
Through the investigation, detectives learned Parker spotted his child at the park. Despite the fact that he does not have custody of the child, Parker attempted to leave the park with the child. When the adults who the child came with tried to intervene, detectives said Parker became physically aggressive, punching one female victim and stabbing the male victim before running toward a car and driving away.
Detectives continue to search for Parker. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Det. Alex Burckhardt at 856-225-5048 or Berlin Township Lt. Ron Silvestro at 856-767-5878 ext. 214. Tips can also be emailed to email@example.com.
All persons charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.