Camden County Prosecutor Mary Eva Colalillo and Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson reported a Camden man currently serving a 110-year prison sentence admitted in court Monday to sexually assaulting a young boy.

Osvaldo Rivera, M/34, pleaded guilty to first-degree Aggravated Sexual Assault before Superior Court Judge Michele Fox.

In accepting the plea, Rivera admitted he sexually assaulted a 2-year-old boy in Camden in August 2012.  DNA evidence submitted to the New Jersey State Police Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) helped link Rivera to the crime.

Under the terms of the plea, Rivera faces a sentence of 15 years in prison. The term will be served concurrently to his 110-year prison sentence. He is scheduled to be sentenced in absentia on April 17.

Rivera was previously found guilty by a jury of murdering a 6-year-old boy and assaulting the child’s 12-year-old sister.

He was sentenced in that case to life in prison (75 years) for first-degree Murder in December 2014.  He also received consecutive terms of 18 years of incarceration for Attempted Murder and 17 years of incarceration for Aggravated Sexual Assault.  He is required to serve at least 85 percent of his sentence.

In addition to those charges, a jury found Rivera guilty in July of one count each of Felony Murder – Burglary, Felony Murder – Aggravated Sexual Assault, Burglary and Terroristic Threats. He also was convicted of two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child and two weapons offenses.

At trial, Assistant Prosecutor Christine Shah presented evidence proving Rivera entered the victims’ home on the 900 block of Ware Street in Camden before 2:30 a.m. September 2, 2012, and assaulted a 12-year-old girl living there. Rivera was armed with a knife and cut the girl. The victim suffered multiple stab wounds, including deep gashes across her throat.

During the assault, the girl’s 6-year-old brother, Dominick Andujar, came out of a bedroom to protect his sister. This enabled the girl to flee, but Rivera fatally stabbed the boy.

The girl ran to a neighbor’s home where she received help. One of the neighbors ran back to the victims’ home despite being uncertain whether the killer was still inside in order to retrieve another one of the victims’ siblings. The children’s mother was at the hospital at the time of the attack.

Released Monday, March 9, 2015.